Binns and Zaun join forces

Two of the biggest names in counter-terror, prison and high-security fencing, have announced joining forces today at Counter Terror Expo (CTX) 2015.

Binns and Zaun are working together at Wrexham prisonHigh-security perimeter systems expert Binns Fencing has sold a majority stake to Zaun Limited, which has supplied it the fencing for the new £250m super-prison currently being built at Wrexham and due to open in 2017.

Adam Binns, the grandson of founder John Binns, remains as MD and retains his 27% shareholding in Binns Fencing, while Zaun has bought the remaining 73% from Adam’s brother, aunt and father Julian.

Adam said at the show today: ‘I have been looking for a new partner for a few years and had talks with other fencing manufacturers. But Zaun was the best match.

‘We have worked alongside each other on several prisons and other high-security jobs over the years, and this coming together was the natural next step.

‘Our clients want us to take full responsibility for fencing, from the design stage, through manufacture and on to installation. Binns being part of the Zaun group will allow us to have that control right through the project.’

Zaun co-founder and director Alastair Henman added: ‘With more and more clients asking for integration of both physical and electronic security solutions as well, this acquisition alongside our purchase last year of EyeLynx massively enhances the range of systems we as a group can integrate.’

Binns and Zaun announced the deal today on a shared stand (stand M50) at CTX at London’s Olympia, the leading annual international event for combatting terrorism.

Together they offer both Perimeter Security Suppliers Association (PSSA) verified product and installation, a unique proposition, with Binns being an approved PSSA installer and Zaun boasting ArmaWeave and other PSSA approved products.

Beyond this, Binns and Zaun are looking to work together on high-security applications to offer clients a joined-up manufacturing and installation service of the highest quality with NOMS-approved prison mesh and the ability to manufacture gates and posts.

Binns specialises in the prisons, utilities, construction, local authority and physical security sectors and is renowned for its Flexible Security Topping, a registered design currently the most secure topping system on the market.

Zaun manufactures an extensive range of temporary, PAS68 and permanent high-security perimeter protection systems at its UK factories. It integrates with CCTV and PID systems in the UK and regional offices in France and Dubai.

About Zaun

Zaun Limited is the sole remaining manufacturer of welded and woven mesh fencing systems that manufactures the entire system in the UK.  Zaun makes the mesh, fencing panels, posts, clamp bars and fixings at its state-of-the-art five-acre production facility in Wolverhampton in the West Midlands.  Products have been tested and approved by testing organisations including CPNI, LPCB and Secured by Design.

Zaun works very closely with all stakeholders within the business including employees, local, national and international suppliers and a long-established customer base of fencing contractors to design, manufacture and supply high-quality fencing systems, increasingly often providing expertise in integrating PIDs and other systems into holistic security solutions.

Zaun was founded in 1996 and remains a private company solely owned by co-founder Alastair Henman with a regional office in Dubai.  They are certified to the ISO 9001 quality standard. It is also a member of the Perimeter Security Suppliers’ Association (PSSA), of which Alastair Henman is a director.

Zaun is a proud British manufacturer and founder member of the Made in Britain campaign, a key player in the UK fencing market and one of the fastest-growing companies in an increasingly competitive industry.

News Categories

Related Posts

diabetes michael lewis foundation

Diabetes UK honour Lewis family on back of charity golf and ball

Telford Palisade prevents boiler theft

Perimeter security combats boiler thefts

Zaun Plaudits

Zaun fence that saves police time wins security innovation award

SR2 Rated Fencing LPS Ratings

Affinity Water relies on Super10 for single mesh SR2 fence

Call Now Button