The Duo Sports double wire sports fencing system has been designed and evolved from the Duo 6 and Duo 8 perimeter. Perfect for light or heavy usage courts and pitches with MUGAs (multi-use games areas), the Duo Sports 8 sports fencing system is ideal for urban or rural settings.
The Duo Sports fencing system is manufactured from either dual horizontal 6mm wires sandwiching single 5mm vertical wires (Duo 6 Sports) or 8mm wires sandwiching single 6mm vertical wires (Duo 8 Sports). This produces a 50mm x 200mm mesh pattern that is strong and vandal resistant and offers the best value.
One of the major stumbling blocks during the planning of sports courts is the noise that occurs during play. Duo Sports has been developed to overcome the rattle that so many residents object to. Every 200mm to the lower 1.2m high impact area ensures minimum movement between the panel and post with fixings. Furthermore, each fixing uses a synthetic EPDM insert to insulate the panel from the post and reduce noise by circa 29%.
Duo Sports is a highly rigid panel system, providing strength to the fence even when under stress from people, balls or sports equipment, making it the perfect MUGA Fencing System.
All Zaun posts/panels/gates and painted auxiliary components (for example, clamp-bars, slide bolts etc.) benefit from a protective zinc layer and electrostatically applied polyester powder coating to BS1722 p16. Care is taken with pre-treatment to ensure sound adhesion between the zinc and paint layers. In a UK C1 environment, as defined in ISO 12944 p2, this should ensure a useful life expectancy of the fence of at least 15-20 years. Life expectancy in all environments can be extended by maintaining the fencing with regular washing. Useful life will be reduced if the fencing is damaged. Any coating damage should be repaired to reduce the effect on useful life.
Enhanced painting systems such as marine coatings are also available for improved life expectancy in C2-C5M environments.
Posts & Fixings
The Duo Sports double wire mesh fencing system features a post, EPDM rubber inserts and clamp bar configuration, providing a simple and easy installation method. Supplied with vandal-proof security fixings and installed using either power or hand tools.
Panels may be stepped in increments of 30mm as required within the clamp bar system. It is recommended that the taller panels are either partially buried or additional posts are used for steeper gradients.
Posts are available in different lengths to accommodate panel heights and ground conditions. Additional variations are also available: Wall fixing, cranked posts or base plated. Cranked panels. Extended posts for Ball Stop Netting, Roof Netting, Divider Netting, CCTV, lighting or physical security devices.
Double Wire Sports Fencing Gates
Pedestrian gates are single leaf 1.2m wide (or width to suit), framed in a 50mm x 50mm RHS with Zaun Duo Sports mesh welded inside the frame, with slide latch. Gate supplied with rubber bump stop and 2 x suitable gate posts.
Vehicle access gates are double leaf (single leaf vehicle gates available) 3.0m wide (or width to suit), framed in 50mm x 50mm RHS, with Zaun Duo Sports mesh welded inside the frame, with drop bolts and slide latch. Gate supplied with rubber bump stop and 2 x suitable gate posts.
- 50mm x 200mm open mesh increases visibility to ensure there are no hiding places for the safety of players
- The twin-wire structure provides a rigid, strong mesh panel that is low maintenance and provides no solid surface for vandals
- Continuous panel without mid-rails to injure players
- 8mm twin horizontal wires & 6mm vertical wire or 6mm twin horizontal wires & 5mm vertical wires
- Extra wire increases panel strength
- Anti-tamper fixings for a secure installation
- Galvanised & polyester powder coated panels & posts.
- Reduces noise and rattle caused by ball impact with EPDM inserts and fixings every 200mm
- Full-length clamp bars for the flush playing side of pitches
- Excellent rebound properties and will not degrade like wooden boards
- No mid-rails to injure players with fixings every 200mm
- Available with matching goal and basketball ends
- Supplied with standard or minimal projections at the top of the panel
- Available either bolt down, in-ground or on wall
- High visibility with no hiding places (anti-bullying)
To download our Duo Sports datasheet, please click on the link below;
To download our Q40 specification sheet, please click on the link below;
To download our standard colour list, please click on the link below;
To download our brochures, please click on the link below;
|Height:||1008mm / 2030mm / 2430mm / 3030mm / 4070mm / 4470mm / 5070mm Note: Fence heights above 3m are made using 2 or more panels|
|Mesh Size:||200mm x 50mm|
|Wire Diameter:||Duo 6 Sports – 5mm Verticals & 2 x 6mm Horizontals Duo 8 Sports – 6mm Verticals & 2 x 8mm Horizontals|
|Top Edge Projection:||22mm|
|Post Sizes:||60 x 60 / 80 x 40 / 100 x 50 / 120 x 60 dependant on height|
|Clamp Bar Size:||40 x 5mm|
|Fixings:||Anti Tamper Security Fixings|